It’s been three years since I received this beautiful gift – and it has managed to stay in immaculate condition despite it being used on the daily. And I mean, heavily used… Mixed in my handbag next to keys, receipts, … Continue reading
Okay so it’s a Monday and it ain’t associated with any cool hip terms like throwback Tuesday / way back Wednesday / flashback Friday etc…
I will just take this opportunity to just ‘go back’ in time without having to hashtag anything. I’ll flashback whenever I want to! Hashtag rant over.
This was an installation in flatiron on a beautiful spring morning way back in may of 2013. If I remember correctly, it was an installation to create awareness for skin cancer.
Although winter is approaching, I still make sure I have at least an SPF 20 sunscreen/moisturiser as my skin base layer. Currently, I’m using Clinique’s skin correcting moisturiser with SPF 20. Your skin will thank you later!
I gravitate towards prints. More so if it’s black and white. My wardrobe is filled with similar prints in different fabrics and textures… In various shades of grey or black… In different lengths… I may have a problem.
Today, I threw a printed anthropologie extra large scarf over a striped knit I scored on sale from the Iconic.
So comfy, easy and clashy- the way I like it!
With a silhouette like that… How can you not be in love?!
I’ve worn them to death – dinners, bars, bbqs, grocery shopping… You name it. The leather is slowly stretching but I think I’m easing them in quicker by wearing thicker socks.
I like pairing these acnes with a classic black on black on black outfit situation, as per usual.
On another note;
My naked palette has definitely seen better days. My ‘hustle’ and ‘dark horse’ are nearly finished… Obviously my go-to daily hues for a good ol’ eye smoke.
I still can’t get over how beautiful our coastline is. Having always been a city girl, I fell in love with our natural scape. I started to dream about waking up in fresh, crisp white sheets… Walking to my ceiling to floor opened doors; sheer curtains ribboning and flowing with the slight breeze… And a glimpse of sunlight slowly emerges from a beautiful, serene blue horizon….
That is magic.
For now…. I’ll keep dreaming… And finish this honey and banana smoothie.
My brunch date this morning involved banana smoothies, fresh ocean breezes and sand/salt in our hair. This was definitely not a date in the city.
I’m so blessed to have easy access to the water. For the first time in a while, I forgot about the errands I had to do… Or where I needed to go. You could say I was hypnotised by the ocean, or I was just making excuses for why I actually didn’t get much done today.
No matter where I travel to, nothing quite matches up to the beauty of Western Australian beaches. The untouched, natural coastline is really something I am only starting to appreciate now.
I’m new to blogging, and it’s always great to see ways to discover new blogs… and i’ve definitely found some gems! It’s a great way to notice newer blogs as all nominees must have fewer than 200 followers. I could spend days reading all the great content from other blogs, and in turn, they inspire me to write more and not be afraid to be creative.
I’m very thankful that I have been nominated by the beautiful stressesanddresses.com – it’s my first nomination & what an honor it is!
11 facts about me;
1. born and raised in australia, where the weather is beautiful and the waters are crystal clear
2. i wanderlust, live to travel – i lived in new york city for six monthsdays tip
3. i have 46GB of music/videos in my iTunes library
4. i do not have any food allergies and there isn’t a food that i don’t eat/like. i’m eaaaaasy
5. i love karaoke – song of choice would definitely be a few whitney houston songs… of course after a few glasses of wine!
6. i can speak, read and write in vietnamese
7. my favorite artists at the moment are two door cinema club, london grammar and kendrick lamar.
8. i wear a lot of black clothing, shoes and handbags. i love how sleek it looks… effortless is my thang!
9. i am an architecture graduate
10. i love to draw and paint when i get the time and patience
11. yes i’m one of those annoying people that take photos of everything… whose camera and phone memory are always full.
q’s stressesanddresses.com asked me;
1. What is your favourite drink?
as boring as it sounds, i love a glass of cold sparkling water!
2. Where is your favourite place to shop?
i’m on farfetch[dotcom] waaaay to much for my own good. the only shopping destination where i can buy amazing things and still be in my pyjamas.
3. Do you watch YouTube, if so who is your favourite YouTuber?
currently loving claire marshall. she’s a smart cool and tatted vlogger that not only knows her sh**, but has a great sense of humor.
4. Do you prefer modern or vintage?
vintage. I’m currently coveting vintage furniture and how incredible ornate they can be. sometimes old is better than new and it is this character preservation that i always fall in love with.
5. Do you prefer flats or high heels?
high heels, for sure. in preparation for winter, i have been purchasing more and more badass high heel booties.
6. What is your favourite flower?
tulips – of all colors.
7. What are you currently most grateful for?
M and my beautiful friends & family.
6. Do you prefer Skiing or sunny holidays?
skiing… or just playing in the snow since i’ve never skied before… i’m a big fan of winter!
8. Who is your Celebrity crush?
after watching a whole season of the carrie diaries, i had a huge crush on austin butler. but i guess it changes with time!
9. If you could visit the future or go back in time, which would you choose?
definitely go back in time and relive my brief stint in nyc.
10. What is your favourite TV program me? series?
currently loving game of thrones (insert nerdy face here)
11. What phone do you have?
iphone5 , even though it sometimes dies on me, i have faith in apple.
q’s for my nominees;
1. what is the first thing you do when you wake up?
2. what is the next destination on your travel wishlist?
3. would you say you are an introvert or extrovert?
4. do you read any books?
5. if you weren’t in the profession that you were now in, what industry would you have liked to be in?
6. are you a tea or coffee person?
7. what is your most prized possession?
8. what routines do you have to stay active/ healthy?
9. do you have any beauty secrets or products that you cannot live without?
10. have you ever lived or travelled with a friend?
11. what is your favorite thing to do to relax?
These are the rules you must follow to join in!
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you.
3. Give eleven random facts about yourself–they can be anything!
4. Nominate eleven blogs that you think are deserving of the award (but they must have less than 200 followers)
5. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
6. Give them eleven questions to answer.
I have three types of makeup routines.
1) full face dinner-bar-party-ready
2) daily sweat proof work makeup
3) bare skin brunch dates
This morning, I opted for a bare skin routine for a brunch date with K.
First things first, I always make sure I have a freshly cleaned face. I use Biotherm’s biosource cleansing milk and swipe to finish with a cotton pad soaked with Caudalie’s cleansing water. As gross as it sounds, but it’s a gratifying feeling swiping the cotton pad and seeing the amount of face dirt accumulated over night. On minimal makeup days, I love to keep away from foundation to let my skin breathe once in a while.
I prep the base with a moisturising sunscreen – Clinique’s Even Better Skin Moisturizer 20+SPF . I dab a little bit of Laura Mercier’s Tinted moisturiser on my cheeks to even the complexion (I have slight pigmentation on my cheeks).
If I have abit more time, I love to put YSL’s Touché Éclat under my eyes to cover my dark circles.
I swipe a little of Naked from the Naked 1 palette over my lids and finish with Stila’s waterproof liner.
The most important element for my face is defining my brows. I’ve been using pencil a lot because I like the control and precision. And have perfected an application method to feather and blend the pencil ….And avoid that drawn ‘pencil brow’ look. I use Smashbox Dual Eyebrow Definer Pencil in Brown
I dust abit of Nars Amour blush on my apples and I’m ready and out the door in 7 minutes.
Tonight, we were lucky enough to enjoy one of S’ spontaneous lamb roast dinners – graciously and effortlessly whipped up for our consumption.
About to board a plane to Japan with 6 hours to spare, S prepped a slow cooked smoked lamb shoulder accompanied by a party of glazed roasted veggies. People are just too talented in the kitchen.
Tonight I took the Acne Star Booties out for a test drive. They’re not only comfortable, but ooze a certain type of sleek appeal that only black on black outfits deliver. It’s a bootie that is both effortless and chic- and I love not having to try.
I paired them with my favourite Zara black lined tights and an old sweater dress from French Connection.
I think I’ve finally found my everyday effortless bootie….. And I like so much.